Applications now open for Community Languages Program
Applications for the Office of Multicultural Interests’ (OMI) Community Languages Program (CLP) March 2017 round is currently open and accepting applications.
The $1.158 million Community Languages Program currently supports 98 community languages schools/organisations teaching 55 languages.
Managed by OMI, the CLP supports not-for-profit community organisations to teach languages other than English and cultural maintenance programs out of school hours.
The program offers three grant categories to support the operations of community language schools and special projects that improve the quality and delivery of language education in community language schools.
The three grant categories include:
- New School Grants - provide community language schools that have been operating for between 12 and 52 weeks with one-off foundation funding to support start-up costs. Grants of up to $4000 are available
- Program Development Grants - provide one-off support for projects that will assist schools to develop their language education program. Grants of up to $10,000 are available
- Per Capita Grants - assist established community language schools operating for more than 12 months with the costs of running the school. Grants of $120 per student (K-12) and an additional $120 per student enrolled at West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) level are available.
OMI is also holding workshops to assist with writing applications for these grants. Workshops include:
- CLP Program Development Grant writing workshop - Monday 13 March 2017, 4.30pm-6.00pm
- CLP New School Grant writing workshop - Wednesday 15 March 2017, 4.30pm-6.00pm
- CLP Per Capita Grant writing workshop - Thursday 16 March 2017, 4.30pm-6.00pm.
More information about these workshops is available on the OMI calendar.
More than 4,350 students across WA attend community language schools funded under the CLP.
Languages funded by the program include Somali, Bengali, Russian, German, Sinhala, Hindi, Greek, Madi, Swahili, Chinese and Japanese.
More information about the CLP is available on the OMI website.
How do I apply?
The guidelines and application forms can be accessed on the OMI website.
Applications close at 4.00pm on Monday 27 March 2017.
For assistance in accessing and using the guidelines and application forms, contact the Grants Officer at OMI on 08 6552 1608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.